Acagamics e.V. is a non-profit student game developer association at the Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg. Since 2005 we want to enable interested and dedicated students to work with video games and all their facets. Our primary goals are:
- to build and offer a platform for students interested in game development and industry
- to offer educational courses and lectures
- to organize interesting guest lectures and talks
- to arrange excursions to exhibitions
- to strengthen the acceptance of video games in society and science
- to create new and exiting games together
- to provide diversion from daily routine
We offer several courses each semester in cooperation with Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg.
Regular workshops and GameJams are organized by us. On social events like summer party or christmas party you can meet up with new and old friends.
We go to several conferences (DevCom, GermanDevDays, AMAZE) and visit game studios.
Techtreff, every Tuesday from 7 pm to Open End in room G29-335. (or Online). Just come by if you want to work on a project, show your project to others or if you just want to find out more about the club. In German and English.
Several times during the semester we organize a GameJam, a 48h event to program a game. Perfect for improving your programming skills and gain project experience.
The next GameJam will be from 02.07.2021 – 04.07.2021 on our Discord Channel.
At the organizational meetings, we discuss and decide the prospects of our club. Taking part will hone your time management, planning and people skills. Anyone can join our organization team.
Contact us via Mail or Telegram
Chairman since 10/2020
Head of Culture since 10/2020
Head of Industry since 10/2020
Head of Lecture since 10/2020
Head of Community since 10/2019